In this Livestream, we go into more depth on our lesson on Timing the Stock Market by discussing how the concept of" Time in the Market" applies to investing and to life more broadly.
Below are a few of the topics we cover:
- A broad definition of “the market” and the indexes it comprises
- The pop a stock gets when it enters an index
- What does it mean to “buy the dip”
- Defining the PE ratio, or Price to Earnings Ratio
- The opportunity cost of holding on to cash (vs investing it)
- Warren Buffett's investing strategy and how he implements time in the market
- The risks and costs of trying to time the market
- The power of long term growth
- How “time in the market” applies to other non-stock related contexts
- Consistency is the foundation of “time in the market” and is key to successfully building wealth
- Patience and discipline are key
And if you're looking to get started in the stock market, I'd recommend Wealthfront and Betterment.
I’ve invested my own money with both for years and can say they are equally excellent. You can’t go wrong with either. If you’re like me, go with both. We both get referral bonuses when you sign up, which helps support the work we do here at Stake Your Wealth.